Robert French – Bio
Robert French teaches public relations at Auburn University. He has over 25 years of experience in public relations, broadcasting and university administration.
Robert became interested in social media for the benefit of his students. He saw the change in PR coming and got in early.
Social media has proven to be a powerful educational, networking and mentoring path for Auburn students. They have landed interviews and jobs with the top public relations, marketing and advertising firms in the world, in part, because of their class social media experiences. Auburn graduates are now actively weaving social media into PR practice for governors, state agencies, PR/marktening agencies, corporations, nonprofits and churches.
Awards / Honors
- 2010 recipient of the Promotion of Excellence in Teaching and Learning (PETL) Award from the Auburn University College of Liberal Arts. The CLA Academy of Teaching and Outstanding Teachers recognizes individuals who have made outstanding or otherwise significant contributions of lasting impact to the undergraduate teaching mission of the College of Liberal Arts and Auburn University. Membership in the Academy is lifetime.
- Robert’s PR Style & Design Fall 2009 class won the Silver Medal in the 2010 Service Industry Advertising Awards (SIAA) for the Auburn Family Network, the official Auburn University social network. Please note that our competition was advertising, marketing and PR agencies.
- The 2009 PR Week PR Power List included Robert as a “Supporting Power Player” for the work he and his students have undertaken in classes at Auburn University.
- In 2008, Robert was listed in PR Week’s Editors’ Choice list (PDF).
- Robert is a Founding Fellow of SNCR, the Society for New Communication Research.
Robert writes at infOpinions.org about public relations, marketing communications, multimedia/social media and how they fit into a traditional liberal arts / business public relations curriculum.
Just a few of the PR / digital media related sites Robert has developed are:
Robert also developed these sites, among many others:
Photos: Please credit OwenStayner.com for all photos.
Click photos for large print ready versions.
An old bio…
nfOpinions? is my blog. I am Robert French.
Currently, I teach public relations at Auburn University, while also practicing and consulting with various organizations, businesses and government agencies.
Speaking to groups is a favorite experience of mine. If you are interested in learning about social media, public relations and using all in a servant philosophy frame of reference, please feel free to contact me via email.
For a more thorough explanation of the blog, please visit About infOpinions? for a detailed explanation of why I started this blog.
Photo Caption: From the 2005 Auburn Reporter, “Robert French helps Lindsay Johnson, a PR senior, add a song, ‘Romping, Stomping Final Project Blues,’ to her blog entry.” Photo by Bill Sutley.